An introduction to kratom pills
Ever tasted kratom powder? I know, the urgh factor quickly comes to mind!
However, the truth is that your body doesn’t care much, whether it is powder or capsule or for that matter, whether it’s sweet or bitter. It will still be happy to get all the benefits it can, no matter how which way they come. Your health certainly won’t be affected.
But just because it’s okay for your body doesn’t mean you have to put up with this agony.
In this article, I am going to tell you how to bring your powder ordeal to an end by revealing how to make your kratom pills at home. This is also a fabulous path as you can tweak your way to your heart’s delight, making exactly what you want as opposed to being at the mercy of kratom merchants who don’t cater for individual taste or preference.
What are the benefits of Green Malay kratom? The benefits of Green Malay Kratom are the following:
- Taste – kratom isn’t the tastiest thing you will encounter. Even those who prefer to take it as powder, can’t resist giving you that look of disgust as it passes through their mouths. The capsule is a neat way of keeping this awful taste faraway from your taste buds and yet avail it effectively where it is needed
- Convenience – the powder version can get very messy at times. What if the container accidentally tips over? Scooping back spilled powder isn’t great fun, quite a bit of it can get lost or blown away, and the bit you recover can get mingled with unseen contaminants on the floor surface. Capsules, however, hold the kratom powder safely locked away and you just need to pick up the capsule and return it to its container intact.
- Accuracy of dosing – Using capsule for your Kratom makes dosing remarkably simple whenever you are taking it. No longer do you need to painstakingly measure it to arrive at your required dosage level. Each capsule holds the same amount of kratom powder, so for each capsule you swallow, it is a simple matter of counting the capsules to dose correctly. This can be very important because you avoid both overdosing and underdosing on the Kratom. Overdosing can put you in plenty of trouble in terms of side effects. Underdosing means you have taken too little of the Kratom which barely has an effect and amounts to wasting it.
- Easily portable – When you compare the 2, the capsule is easier to carry around than powder. If you are somebody who is constantly on the move and want to bring the Kratom along with you, the capsule form is preferable.
- Given all those benefits, it’s looks obvious that capsule is the way to go. However, the capsule can make your Kratom more expensive because the vendors are charging to place the powder into the capsules. Fortunately, you don’t need to settle for purchased Kratom filled capsules which can be a drain on your wallet. You can easily make your capsules and beat many birds with one stone!
Before you make your capsules
You first need a few things before you can get started with making kratom capsules or pills. Here is the checklist of things you need
Kratom powder – this is available from almost any vendor who sells Kratom. Kratom powder is of course much cheaper than capsules
- Empty Capsules – you have the choice of gelatin or veggie. Gelatin is made from animal protein while the vegetable capsule is plant-based. Even though most people can safely use the gelatin version, a few people cannot tolerate it, so the veggie type is preferred for such people. Walmart sells both plant and gelatin capsules in packs holding 500 to 1000 pieces at very affordable prices.
The 000 size, which is the largest is preferable. The capsules can be bought in bulk from online vendors, and they are not usually designed for Kratom only. Gelatin capsules are cheaper than veggie capsules.
- Capsule holder (also known as capsule filler or machine). It’s optional since some methods don’t use it. It is used as aa speedier method of filling the capsules with kratom powder and sealing the halves together
- A tamper that helps to fill the powder into the capsules
- Parchment paper to handle powder spills
- A microscale for measuring the kratom amounts. These are cheaply obtainable from Amazon or eBay. The microscale is used to precisely measure and put the correct dose of Kratom into each capsule. The scale should be a milligram sensitive so that it can measure very minute quantities.
- Latex gloves for your hands to handle the kratom powder hygienically. Your hands will also be free of being stained.
- Coffee mill
You can find many kinds of kratom filler machines on sale in the market. They offer a quick and efficient way of filling and capping each capsule. Each type of machine is suited for a different size of the capsule. Therefore make sure you know what dimension of capsule you will be using to help you shop for the right machine
Sizes of capsule
Capsule does not come in one size but several. It ranges from 000 to 4.
000 gives you the largest size of the capsule, capable of holding 1 gm of kratom powder. 00 holds half of that, at 500 mg, roughly the size of a typical medicine capsule.
- 000 – gives 1 gm of Kratom
- 00 – gives 0.735 gm of Kratom, which is slightly above half a gram
- 0 – will give 0.5 gm of Kratom
- 1 – gives 0.4 gm of Kratom
- 2 – gives 0.3 gm of Kratom
This means that it will usually take two 00 capsules to make 1 gm of Kratom. Despite their differences, most kratom strains typically will require 3 gm for effects to be felt. 5gm to 7 gm of the Kratom provides the upper threshold at which the effects reach their maximum.
Keep in mind that Kratom capsules take longer than loose powder to start producing effects. This is because your stomach needs time to dissolve the capsule itself before its contents become available for absorption.
Due to this delay compared to powder, you can easily be fooled into taking some extra kratom to compensate for what you mistakenly think is an inadequate dose. Typically one has to wait for a maximum of 45 minutes for the effects to set in if you are using loose powder. The capsule may extend beyond that time.
To be on the safe side, users, especially those who are first-timers, should take 4 capsules of 500 mg each (total 2 gm) and then wait a full 45 minutes to see the effects. If none are experienced, they can keep adding 1 to 2 capsules at a time at every interval of 45 minutes.
The filling process
You have two options for filling the capsules. You may do it manually or by machine.
If you do it manually, you will first fill a container with the kratom powder or extract. Arm yourself with a pair of latex gloves which helps keep the whole process hygienic.
Put some of your empty capsules into another container. Each empty capsule has a lower longer half and an upper shorter half which acts as a cap.
The process of filling is rather simple. Just separate each capsule into their two halves. Fill up the longer half with the powder and then replace the shorter half to cap the capsule.
You will need to do the job unhurriedly to avoid mishaps or accidentally spilling the powder and making a mess. Though it’s a painstaking process, it will be a rewarding effort at the end when your capsules are filled and ready.
- No bitter taste to deal with as opposed to powder
- Easy and accurate to dose thus avoiding overdosage or under dosage
- Capsule easy to store than powder which can become unusable because of exposure to light or air
- Capsules take longer to absorb than powder, so the effects are delayed.
- Making pills at home can be time-consuming
Kratom capsule or pill is your perfect choice if you want to avoid the irksome inconveniences of kratom powder. No more agony to your taste buds but the best part is that you can also do this at home. Making Kratom capsule isn’t hard at all and with a little investment in a few simple types of equipment and some time, you can quickly come up with your supply of kratom capsules.
The process can also be fun and enjoyable, so it need not be a drudgery.
Also, since the process is completely in your control, you can make your capsules to suit your taste and liking perfectly. If you are a vegan, this can be particularly beneficial because most kratom vendors who supply capsule only sell gelatin capsules as opposed to the veggie types. Also, you can ensure the process is free of any additives which are not guaranteed if you are buying kratom capsules that are already filled up.