An intro to Yellow Kratom
It is like the forgotten Kratom yet strangely it is reportedly quite potent in providing you some benefits you may not find from your regular Kratom. So what is yellow Kratom, and how can it benefit you? In this review, I will tell you about this newer and little known kratom strain and how it can benefit you.
Kratom strains and colors
The red, green, and white Kratom all get their color from the veins of their leaves. You won’t find a natural color for yellow, however in any growing kratom plant. So how does the yellow come about?
This is the interesting bit because not everybody agrees how it happens. Does it come from picking the kratom leaves in the late stages of a kratom tree’s life when it has supposedly turned yellow? Or, as some contend, does it result from mixing all the three better-known kratom strains of green, red and white to make one blend?
Anyway, the best-accepted view is that yellow Kratom gets its yellow color from a drying process that gives its veins and stems a yellow hue. So while you can start with a white, red or green kratom, a particular drying technique applied to it can make it change its color to yellow. Techniques can vary from drying the Kratom indoors or outdoors and for varying lengths of periods. The yellow color acquired causes the Kratom to have a distinct effect that differs from that of other strains.
While red vein kratom gives pain relief and white vein kratom gives stimulation and energy, yellow Kratom – somewhat like green vein kratom – gives a balanced effect that provides a blend of both effects but at a milder level.
In understanding the benefits of yellow Kratom, it helps to look at how it compares with the better-known kratom strains, the red Kratom, green Kratom, and white Kratom.
These 3 offer a fascinating spectrum of benefits sometimes with nuances along the way that gives users a rich source for selecting what to go with.
- White Kratom belongs to one end of the spectrum, providing energy and focus, with euphoric effects at higher doses.
- Red Kratom shares some of these properties, but as you raise the dose, it brings sedation, relaxation, calmness, and analgesic effects. This puts it on the opposite side of the spectrum away from White Kratom.
- Green Kratom is the great balancer, falling midway between these extremes and offering most of the effects but at a much milder level.
So where does yellow Kratom fall in this picture?
It tends to track closely with green Kratom but slightly away towards the white kratom end. So, given all that, it will deliver these benefits
- Better concentration
- Energy boost
- Elevates your motivation
- Increases optimism
- Mild benefits in pain relief, relaxation, and calmness
All these make yellow Kratom perfect for taking in the morning or the evening if you are planning a night out. It neatly avoids the excesses of white Kratom without sacrificing on giving you a better mood and more energy. Also, it can relieve anxiety and yet avoid irritability since it blends the effects of both red Kratom and white Kratom.
Types of yellow Kratom
So far, I have only told you about the yellow Kratom strain, but the story isn’t complete because it also comes with its variety of types. It’s tough though to get these types when you consider that yellow Kratom is rare, to begin with.
Here are some of the better known yellow kratom types
- Yellow Sumatra kratom – this yellow Kratom strain is the toughest to get in terms of availability. Given that Sumatra kratom trees are such a rarity, this low supply should not surprise us.
- Yellow Sumatra differs from other yellow Kratom strains because young leaves are used for the grafting process. Typically other strains use very mature kratom leaves.
- Yellow Sumatra peaks in providing you with euphoric and stimulating sensations. It’s a great energizer and does tons to put you in an upbeat mood. It also relieves pain and imparts a great sense of well being.
- Yellow Borneo Kratom – start with the red, green, and white Borneo, and you wind up with this potent kratom powder. Users have tagged this product as great in delivering the triple effects of euphoria, stimulation, and pain relief.
- Yellow Malay Kratom – originating from Malaysian Kratom, this strain excels at providing pain relief. Users say it’s very energetic and stimulating as well, often comparing it with the green Malay kratom.
- Yellow Bali Kratom – processed from white and green Bali kratom leaves, this kratom type comes from Bali in Indonesia. Yellow Bali Kratom will strike a balance to give you something that lies between what you get from Red Bali and White Bali Kratom.
- Yellow Vietnam Kratom – it’s one of the newest yellow strains to arrive in the scene, but that does not mean it’s any less effective. Indeed, yellow Vietnam kratom beats all yellow Kratom powders in potency according to many user reviews. Obtained from green and white Kratom, this highly popular strain does not come from Vietnam but dense forests of South East Asia along the banks of Mekong River. It is excellent among the yellow Kratom family because it has one of the highest alkaloid content at an amazing 25 percent higher. This is what has earned it its peaking popularity
- Yellow Maeng Da – this is yet another of the newest yellow Kratom strains. This enhanced strain is obtained from the leaves of standard Maeng Da.
Yellow Kratom tends to show few side effects provided that you follow the recommended dosage instructions. Similar to other strains, avoid long term use or cycle with other strains to avoid tolerance and dependence.
Is there a universal dosage level for all? Hardly. When you consider the different factors of weight, age tolerance, diet, emotional and physical state, the list of possible ideal dosages stretches to eternity.
That is not to say we can’t have a starting point and a rough guide which everyone can run with. For starters, the quality of your Kratom determines a lot about how to take your dosage. How pure is it, or is it severely underdosed?
1 gm of Kratom from 2 different suppliers may not be the same in terms of potency and quality. That throws everything into confusion regarding how to dose.
For this reason, it’s recommended that you always start with a low dose of 1 gm to test your Kratom’s quality. Follow that up with double next time and then 3 gm on your third intake. You should be feeling different by then, but if you don’t especially on your fourth intake, this will confirm that your kratom product is of poor quality.
How the different yellow strains compare with each other
Just to get a feel of how things look like in the yellow world, I am going to try to look at yellow Bali Kratom and Yellow Indo Kratom. How do they stack up against each other?
Yellow Bali shares much with green Bali Kratom in terms of benefits. Its sedative potency is slight, falling short of that of Red Bali. Its pain-relieving effect is mild while its mood-enhancing and energizing effect is barely half that of white Kratom.
Yellow Indo, on the other hand, excels at producing euphoria and elevating mood beyond what yellow Bali can bring. However, it’s painkilling, and relaxation effects are only mild.
So while yellow Indo mimics white Kratom, it shares a lot with yellow Bali in terms of mood enhancement, providing energy and mild calmness and analgesic effects. However, Yellow Bali is gentler than Yellow Indo.
Price and availability
You should you know right off the bat that it won’t be easy getting yellow Kratom, particularly of high quality. It’s rather scarce in the market is relatively new. However, it’s popularity is picking up and the growing interest will ensure that more of it will hit the stores of more vendors.
That said, some reputable vendors are already stocking it such as Purkatom where you can get loose powder and capsule versions. They also offer affordable prices, and their yellow Kratom is processed from red Borneo Kratom, which is taken through a special drying process.
In the kratom world, the choices keep multiplying of what Kratom users can pick and use for their needs. With the addition of the yellow Kratom strain to the kratom family, kratom users are spoiled for choice.
However, yellow Kratom isn’t your regular Kratom because it brings other benefits to the table. It owes its unique qualities and color to a specialized drying process designed to make it preserve maximum alkaloid content. No matter which yellow kratom type you go with, you have plenty to choose from because while they all have similarities, they also have differences.